Yes, we said Summer! Summer in Maine is good news all-around. Warmer temperatures, the beach, and extended hours at the Red Barn!
We extend our closing times to 8pm in the Summer and are open Tuesday through Sunday from 9am to 8pm!
Our fundraising schedule has been confirmed! We will be holding all future fundraisers on Tuesday evenings from 4 to 6pm at the Red Barn at 455 Riverside Drive in Augusta, ME! Chicken and haddock snacks will be available for a suggested donation of $6.00, that is a reduction in our normal menu price AND the proceeds go to a local organization. ALL future requests for fundraisers, sponsorships, and donations will be completed through the Red Barn Cares Foundation. The application will be available online in the late Spring.
For more information, or to RSVP to the fundraisers: https://www.facebook.com/TheRedBarnMaine/events
December 30, 2014: Heating Assistance
January 6, 2015: Consumers for Affordable Healthcare and Becca Leavitt
January 13, 2015: Amy Buxton Pet Pantry
January 20, 2015: Colonial Theater and Winslow HS Performing Arts Boosters
(Postponed to March 10th due to weather) January 27, 2015: Literacy Volunteers and Friends of Lithgow Library
February 3, 2015: Cony Project Graduation and Cony Middle School
February 10, 2015: Augusta Boys and Girls Club & Kiwanis Playground Fund
February 17, 2015: Boys & Girls State (Post 2 & 179)
February 24, 2015: Skating Association of Maine & Maranacook Youth Hockey
March 3, 2015: Augusta and Waterville Food Bank Fundraiser
March 10, 2015 Friends of Lithgow Library and Augusta Literacy Volunteers
We had 76 applications submitted for this year’s benefit dinners, sponsorships, and gift card donations! In an effort to impact the most applicants, most of our fundraisers will be for two organizations or individuals. The first one will be on Monday October 13th, the remaining fundraisers will be on Sunday’s from 5-7pm.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
*Please do not contact any board members with questions.
The selected recipients have been notified via email, and they are:
1. Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
2. Maine French Heritage Language Program
3. Hayley’s Hope Foundation
4. Ending Hunger in Maine Campaign
5. Kennebec Behavioral Health
1. Sexual Assault Crisis and Support Center
2. Miles for Mills (Travis Mills Foundation)
Benefit Dinners-not in any specific order, we will be scheduling these in the next few weeks:
1. Messalonskee Project Graduation 2015
2. Gardiner Class of 2015 & Erskine Class of 2015
3. Colonial Theater & Winslow High School Performing Arts Boosters
4. Connor Sawtelle-Vassalboro
5. Becca Leavitt-South China
6. Consumers for Affordable Healthcare & Bub Cole
7. Augusta Food Bank & Waterville Food Bank
8. Amy Buxton Pet Pantry
9. Skating Association of Maine & Maranacook Area Youth Hockey
10. Caroline Phillips
11. Augusta Boys and Girls Club & Kiwanis Playground Fund
12. Heating Assistance-Vassalboro Ministry, and other area stake holders
13. Adult and Family Literacy Volunteers of Greater Augusta & Lithgow Library
14. Boys State & Girls State (Post 179 & 2)
15. Cony High School Project Graduation & Cony Middle School